Jan 15, 2021
The AICPA Town Hall Series provides the latest news and updates
on pressing issues facing the accounting profession.
- Erik Asgeirsson, President & CEO, CPA.com
- Kristin Esposito, CPA, MST, Dir, Tax Policy & Advocacy,
- Kari Hipsak, CPA, CGMA, Sr. Manager, AICPA
- Lisa Simpson, Director, Firm Services, AICPA
- Update from Washington DC
- Latest PPP Updates & Recommendations
CPA Loan Portal Demo
ERC Enhancements and PPP
- Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA.com, and Lisa
Simpson, the AICPA’s vice president of firm services, provide the
latest developments on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
leading up to the Jan. 19 opening of the application process to all
- AICPA senior manager Kari Hipsak discusses elements of the CPA
Business Funding Portal, a user-friendly tool for handling PPP loan
and forgiveness applications. Fintech Biz2Credit, which built the
tool with CPA.com, is approved by the SBA to make PPP loans
directly to borrowers.
- Kristin Esposito, the AICPA’s director of tax policy and
advocacy, talks about enhancements to the Employee Retention Credit
and how firms can advise clients about the interplay between the
credit and PPP.