Jul 28, 2021
The AICPA Town Hall Series provides the latest news and updates
on pressing issues facing the accounting profession.
- Erik Asgeirsson, President & CEO, CPA.com
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, President & CEO, AICPA
- Jill Schlesinger, Business Analyst, CBS News, Host, Jill on
- Jim Bourke, CPA, CITP, CGMA, Partner, Withum
- Lindsay Stevenson, CPA, CGMA, Chief Transformation Officer, BPM
- Lisa Simpson, CPA, CGMA, Vice President, Firm Services,
- Economic Outlook with Jill Schlesinger
- Legislative & Profession Update with Barry Melancon
- Technical Updates & Guidance
- Practitioner Insights from ENGAGE
On this episode of the AICPA Town Hall podcast:
- The first-ever in-person AICPA Town Hall was conducted live at
the 2021 AICPA ENGAGE Conference at the ARIA Resort and Casino in
- CBS News Business Analyst, Jill Schlesinger, discussed an
economic outlook with CPA.com Erik Asgeirsson including societal
impacts, inflation, the federal reserve and markets.
- AICPA President and CEO, Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, provided
the most recent legislative updates, including Biden Infrastructure
& Tax proposals, IRS Services & Penalty relief and
- 2021 AICPA ENGAGE Chair & Chief Transformation Officer at
BPM, Lindsay Stevenson, CPA, CGMA reflected on the past year and a
provided a forward look on the workforce.
- Jim Bourke, CPA, CITP, CFF, CGMA, Partner at Withum, discussed
the technology and cybersecurity landscape.