Mar 5, 2021
The AICPA Town Hall Series provides the latest news and updates
on pressing issues facing the accounting profession.
- Erik Asgeirsson, President & CEO, CPA.com
- Kristin Esposito, CPA, MST, Dir., Tax Policy & Advocacy,
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, President & CEO, AICPA
- Mark Peterson, Executive Vice President, Advocacy, AICPA
- Lisa Simpson, CPA, CGMA, Vice President, Firm Services,
- Updates from Policy Makers
- New Administration
- State of Legislation
- Business Relief
- Tax Extension
- Updates & Recommendations on New Guidance
- New PPP IFR and forms
- New ERC Guidance
- AICPA President and CEO Barry Melancon talks about the
pressures on the IRS and SBA with tax and Paycheck Protection
Program (PPP) issues, respectively, and the need for easing some
deadlines for CPA firms and their clients.
- Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA.com, discusses the
state of PPP loan approvals and the SBA’s focus on the smallest
- Lisa Simpson, the AICPA’s vice president of firm services,
gives the latest updates on PPP guidance.
- Kristin Esposito, the AICPA’s director of tax policy and
advocacy, talked about the Employee Retention Credit and its
interaction with PPP.