Sep 2, 2021
The AICPA Town Hall Series provides the latest news and updates
on pressing issues facing the accounting profession.
- Erik Asgeirsson, President & CEO, CPA.com
- Edward S. Karl, CPA, CGMA, VP, Taxation, AICPA
- Barry Melancon, CPA, CGMA, President & CEO, AICPA
- Lisa Simpson, CPA, CGMA, VP, Firm Services, AICPA
- Carl Peterson, CPA, CGMA, VP, Small Firms, AICPA
- Profession & Legislative Update
- Technical Updates & New Guidance
- 2021 CPA Firm Top Issues
- Practice Strategies
- CPA.com President & CEO, Erik Asgeirsson, and AICPA
President & CEO, Barry Melancon, provided a profession and
legislative update, including discussion on the Senate
infrastructure bill and 2021 key deadlines and expirations.
- AICPA’s VP of Taxation, Ed Karl, joined to discuss AICPA’s Top
Tax Advocacy priorities, including IRS service levels and penalty
- Lisa Simpson, AICPA’s VP of Firm Services, gave a rundown of
up-to-date PPP forgiveness statistics, plus technical guidance on
the SBA forgiveness portal and ERC.
- Carl Peterson, AICPA’s Small Firm VP, discussed 2021 CPA Firm
Top Issues and provided practice strategies.